Monday, October 8, 2007

ACUBE


After my flight late last week, I went to work, set up a lab practical, and headed out with 5 of my colleagues from the Biology Department (3 of whom are pictured above, Drs. Liz Evans, Laura Salem, and Chad Scholes) to a conference in Dubuque, Iowa. The meeting, a function of the Association of College and University Biology Educators, is a terrific forum for generating and conveying ideas about teaching biology at the university level. I presented a talk concerning my undergraduate research students' contributions to our snake conservation project and was exposed to myriad new ideas about presenting concepts to students in novel ways. And since we were right on the Mississippi, we went to the aquarium and took a relaxing boat trip down the river.

No comments: