Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ahhh, Belize.

Today marks one full week since I arrived in Belize to begin my sabbatical working at St. John's College.  On my past trips to Belize, our group would have gone back to KC after a week; but this time, I'm just beginning this adventure.  I have already learned a lot about the people (everyone has been so kind and accommodating!) and the city, primarily via my new bike (below).  Most days have consisted of walks and bike rides, trips to the gym, and working to prepare my fall classes.  Last night and this afternoon I was treated to excursions to local restaurants by my new friends and colleagues, and I look forward to more of these outings.
I will be teaching a course that is brand new to SJC, Genetics, so I am basically starting from scratch.  But


I can't wait to start the semester on the 11th!  Until then, more learning about the country and more prep for work...

No comments: