Monday, November 28, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving

It was 81 degrees last week when I landed in Houston and now I'm sitting in my office, wearing my puffy coat.  It's quite the climatic transition.  It was great to be home for a few days and see my family (my niece and my parents' pygmy goats are pictured here).  I hope you all got to do the same, perhaps minus the pygmy goats.
Now we're all getting back in the swing of things.  I just gave the last lab practical for my Monday Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy lab section and graded their cat dissections.  They did a phenomenal job with their dissections this semester, as did my Friday lab students, and I am always sad to see a semester of "Comp Vert" lab end.  However, in the spring I'll be teaching Evolution, Anatomy & Physiology, and Biology Field Trip; so there is plenty to which to look forward.

No comments: