Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back from Ireland

Aric and my brother, Jeremy, and I just returned from a week in Ireland. It was AMAZING! We spent several days in Dublin seeing the sites and took the train across the beautiful countryside to the west. We rented a car in Limerick and from there my brother masterfully drove us around on the left side of incredibly narrow roads and round-abouts. We were very fortunate to be able to stay in the childhood village of Dr. Mairead Greene (of the RU Math Dept.) in her grandfather's home. Our time in the west was spent on the beach, at the breathtaking Cliffs of Moher, in picturesque Irish castles, and in the wonderful little town of Ennis. Ireland is a truly remarkable place and I only wish we'd had more time there! Pictured are Jeremy and Aric in front of the High Cross at Dysert O'Dea in Co. Clare, and me and Jeremy under the waterfall at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin.

1 comment:

Jerm said...

That pic in front of Guiness Falls is one of my all time favs. The one at the Dysert O'Dea Cross is good, too, but its not my fav Jerm/Aric pic (nor yours as well, I'd wager). Aric and I will always and will always have our moment, together, on the River Liffey; it may not be posted on your blog, but it will spend forever. . . in my heart. My couch-bound status is allowing me to finally catch up on your blog (and all things interwebs/television). I've read it here and there, but today I shall immerse myself in it. In fact, my immersion level will be such that your blog will be my unconscious rattlesnake and I will be its surgically implanted tracking device.