Friday, November 14, 2008

KHS

This past weekend, one of my phenomenal research students, Rebecca Benjamin, and I attended the Kansas Herp Society Meeting in Wichita, KS. These meetings are a great forum for talking and learning about the latest amphibian & reptile research, as well as a place to meet others who share our interests. I presented our rattlesnake research and had the opportunity to listen to some really interesting and informative talks about herps. We also got to experience a little of the Wichita nightlife at the KHS Social in Old Town, which was a lot of fun. Probably the best thing about these meetings, though, is that my students get to become part of and contribute to the scientific community.

1 comment:

asmathicsandwich said...

Nice to meet you and hear your talk. It was pretty fascinating and a first of the sort. I will be curious as to how the den works out, and if any rookeries are found in the future.

Justin aka the Ninja assassin.